Powered By Blogger

11/28/2009

Applique cosmetic bag











Cosmetic bag

I did it by hand. As you can see the stitch is different from the sewing machine. Anyone can do this bag without a sewing machine. I have one but hardly use it because I like to stitch by hand.

I enjoy applique so much beccause my daughter loves to watch me work whilst I do it. I always use high grade Japanese country cotton for the background. This fabric is great because the pattern is subdued which means I can play with other colourful cotton. I'am a big fan of colour and i hope that shows in my work. I use acrylic to paint faces but make sure and be carefull when you do it because it can get a bit messy....






Applique key ring

used the same technique (applique) but I use cotton-linen to help the old car appearance.


If anyone would like to do it I'd would say you must be patient. It's not too difficult but you need some skills. Try a small and easy pattern first and you'll maybe get addicted like me...



No comments:

Post a Comment